emend Your Move
EMEND is a member of the National Association of Senior and Specialty Move Managers. Moving can be one of the most stressful events in your life. Adding disorganization to a move can make it completely unmanageable. Let us simplify the process for you.
We offer the following services to help make your move as organized and less stressful:
- Decluttering before a move (less stuff = easier, less expensive move).
- Decluttering before listing your home for sale (less stuff makes it easier to keep up your home while potential buyers view it and gives them the impression that there is adequate storage).
- Selling unwanted items of value. We can help you determine the best outlet for selling unwanted items of value. Some options include pairing you with an estate sale company, organizing a garage sale, or listing on Nextdoor, Craigslist or other online options.
- Donating unwanted items. We can help you get your items to the best charity.
- Unpacking once you arrive in your home (getting your home totally organized before habits are established in a home is crucial for staying organized).
- We help you edit your items and decide what you should bring to the new, smaller space. We can help you measure existing furniture and determine if and where it will fit in your new floorplan.
- Make the best use of your space by strategically “rightsizing” your items to fit your current space or the space you are moving into. By using a strategic approach, you can make sure that your current space is efficiently used or that you are getting a new space that can appropriately house the items most important to you. Do you need that extra bedroom, playroom or office? We can help you decide so you don’t end up in a space too big or too small for your needs.
- Move management. Moving is extremely stressful and sometimes it is hard to know what the next step should be. Let us help you manage your move by assisting with a timeline, selecting a realtor, hiring movers, arranging packers, etc.
We are happy to offer a mix of these services that works for your situation. Contact us to see how we can get started!
Why Choose Us
According to the NAPO (National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals), a professional organizer is one that “enhances the lives of clients by designing systems and processes using organizing principles and through transferring organizing skills.”
“This definition can include many different services. As a Certified Professional Organizer, our focus is on teaching you the 5-step EMEND process, so you will be armed with the skills you need to successfully organize and maintain your space. At Emend, our expertise is on decluttering areas in your home or office, maximizing the use of your existing space, and setting up systems to make sure the clutter and chaos never return.”
Organization is hard work. While it may be difficult to part with some of your “stuff” or to understand the vision that the organizer has for your space, it will be worth the effort!
We serve Baton Rouge, LA, and its surrounding communities.
Ready to get started?